Last Saturday, i.e. on 13th Nov. I was invited as one of the speakers for National Level Faculty Development Program on ‘Experiential Learning in Higher Education: An Innovative Approach’ organized by ECE Dept. VIT, Chennai
I introduced Kolb’s experiential learning cycle through the following diagram.
Source for image: http://iteslj.org/Articles/Kelly-Experiential
Then I classified Experiential Learning into non web 2.0 based web 2.0 based ones.
In Non - Web 2.0 based Experiential Learning strategies I introduced the following:
- Case studies
- Simulation and Role play
- Mend – Debugging
- Tech-Wist (Tech and non-tech, comparison of similar products)
- Directed studies
- ILOP - Intensified Learning Opportunity Programme
In Web 2.0 based Experiential Learning strategies I introduced:
- Collaborative Mind Map (MindMeister)
- Google Applications for sharing, collaborative work (Google Docs, Google Groups and Google Calendar)
- Reflection on podcasts /videos
- Games based software simCEO
I demonstrated live, Google Docs for educational applications. But for Google Groups and Google Calendar, offered the demonstration through following links.
For games based software, I Introduced simCEO and explained how it can enable the student to become a good entrepreneur and a good investor.
Finally I just introduced Elgg, a social network application
- What can be done using Elgg
- Who can use them
The photographs taken during the program can be accessed by clicking here.